Davies Bridge, originally the Cedar Creek Bridge at Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas. constructed of native stone in 1934 as part of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) project that formed the core of Arkansas's first state park. Originally referred to as the Cedar Creek Bridge, it was rededicated as the Davies Bridge in October 1999 to honor Samuel G. Davies and his son Ladd Davies, the father and son who were responsible for the design and construction of the bridge. A crew of approximately 15 or 20 men constructed the bridge from sandstone blocks quarried from Petit Jean Mountain. In 1988, the bridge was added to the Historic American Engineering Record to recognize its significance as one of only eight masonry arch bridges left in Arkansas and the only one to incorporate finished, rather than rusticated, stone.